Sunday, August 08, 2004

 

Tomorrow, August 9 at 8:00 a.m.

Note to Netscape users: If you press any of the so-called shortcuts for bold, italics, quotation marks, etc., you will lose everything you have typed. Being quote unquote stupid, I have done this twice.

So here I am again, trying to talk about my upcoming surgery:

So far, I have felt fine and quite calm. This run-in with the blog program has gotten me more hot under the collar than the surgery. Well, I suppose that's something positive in the sense that it has taken my mind off being cut open and violated (albeit for a good cause) and made me think about those nice computer nerds who do things that don't work and frustrate ordinary bloggers like myself. Grrr.

Just like in the song, my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. It's a gorgeous summer day, sunny but not too hot or muggy. We'll all go out for a car ride and a little walk.

Despite my bravado, I am scared. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and I know just enough about what can happen during surgery to feel scared out of my mind. But then again, despite feelings to the contrary, nothing says that things have to go awry. In fact, I think I have a pretty good chance of coming out of this second surgery much better than I ever was since becoming severely arthritic.

My husband will be keeping a blog chronicling my recovery (see link). His first post should appear tomorrow.

I wish myself the best of luck. I'd appreciate the same from you the reader!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?