Monday, July 19, 2004

 

Countdown

I'm in waiting mode again. Today marks S-day minus three weeks and counting. I have gone for my pre-admission tests, x-rays, etc. I know that I can continue to take my anti-depressants and calcium, but not my multi-vitamin or my shark cartilage. I will probably be the first case of the day since I am considered a "serious case". It's good to be in the spotlight and scary knowing why this is the case.

All things considered, I'm feeling fairly positive and relaxed. But today I feel a bit down. I've been reading posts from my various hippy sites (these sites warrant their own special post) and people are reporting in on their stellar results at the six-month or two-year or whatever mark. I can't help having that feeling again that I didn't have a hip replacement at all. It feels like someone played a horrible joke on me and that instead of a hip replacement I had a disability augmentation operation! It's a conspiracy (cue in the theme from "the Twilight Zone"!

Today, I went to have my car serviced and started chatting with a woman in the waiting area. Six degrees of separation really do exist: she went to high school with my surgeon and told me all about the fact that she had had a crush on him, that he's a twin from a wealthy family, that he's twice married, etc. etc. My surgeon, made human.

So that's where I am today. My cat is stretched out on the window sill right behind my computer. I see a single ear and an elegant orange paw. Her greatest worry is whether or not she will be fed her favourite food or not. Lucky Miss Bean.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?