Thursday, July 08, 2004

 

Countdown to August 9

Well, I've got the date for my revision surgery: August 9. Same hospital, same doctor, different feeling. This surgery is not elective. If something is indeed loose, letting it be will cause further deterioration of the bone. Not something we want to happen. So I'm going under the knife again.

I really, really want to get my life back. I want to the regular, slightly neurotic, slightly high-maintenance, fairly intelligent, often worrying, full of love for my husband, kids and family, hard-working, house hunting (even though we're not planning to move), constantly thinking about my weight, francophile, etc. etc. person that I was before my surgery. True, I'm still all of those things and more (hear husband groan in background) but I just want to be a regular person again.

I want to go to France and walk, walk, walk. I want to do the laundry. I want to vacuum. I want to take my kids to the amusement park without constantly looking for a bench. I want to replace the worry in my husband's eyes with a twinkle of excitement as we get ready to go to Glasgow for the World Science Fiction Convention next August.

I want the prayers and good wishes of every person who visits this blog.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?